TenPoint7 is looking to hire a Lead Data Scientist in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. As a Lead Data Scientist, you will have the awesome opportunity to influence the growth of a high-energy US-based company whose mission is to make data science adoption easy for companies. You will get to work with our global customers solving their tough and varied business use cases. Another cool part is you will get to grow and nurture a team of data scientists at our DreamPlex office in HCMC. And that’s not it. You will also get the added unique opportunity to have your own R&D team collaborating closely with TenPoint7 sponsored students enrolled in the Master’s of Data Analytics program at John von Neumann Institute (JVN) (Vietnam National University, HCMC), our academic partner.
Compensation and benefits are competitive with occasional travel to the US for team meet-ups and training.
What you will do as a Lead DS:
- Grow and lead a team of data scientists for our HCMC team.
- Take the lead to design, build and deliver data science prototypes that solve a variety of use cases for our customers. These prototypes can range from predicting customer churn to improving revenue prediction.
- Be a hands-on team player that loves to work collaboratively with project management and data engineering team members on prototype projects.
- Work with TenPoint7 product leadership to identify which prototypes can be converted and scaled into re-usable TenPoint7 applications that can be deployed on TenPoint7 Cloud, our platform.
- Be responsible and document how your prototype models solve the business problem so that your analyses can be repeatable and interpretable to others.
- Assist in the sales process by interacting with global prospects, analyzing their business problems and determining how TenPoint7 can help them overcome those challenges using data science.
- Collaborate very closely with our Data Engineering teams in HCMC and Seattle to deploy your ML prototypes and applications on TenPoint7 Cloud.
- Provide mentorship to JVN Data Analytics students through knowledge sharing sessions and assigning relevant research activities and project tasks.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or another quantitative field.
- You have at least 3 years industry experience with a demonstrable track record of building and deploying ML models in production.
- You thrive in an environment that can quickly build functioning prototypes to demonstrate business value.
- You feel comfortable translating business problems into concrete, quantitative questions that can be answered with data and models.
- You possess strong working knowledge in both supervised and unsupervised learning methods using structured and unstructured data.
- You feel comfortable working with business and data engineering teams to build and deliver data products and prototypes.
- You have some experience in understanding or building Natural Language Processing (NLP) applications such as sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, and topic modeling.
- You have strong Python and SQL skills.
- You have a point of view but are low ego to hear other team member’s perspectives.
- You possess native-like fluency in Vietnamese & business proficiency in English language skills.
It will be a bonus if you also have:
- Prior experience with Spark or other distributed compute platforms.
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem of products such as EC2, S3.
- Some people management experience having managed small teams of Jr. Data Scientists or Analysts, graduate or doctoral students, or other technical staff.
- Any experience working directly with non-technical customers articulating your model and insights to them.
TenPoint7 is a data-science-in-the-cloud company based in Seattle, WA and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Our goal is to make it easy for mid-sized businesses become more competitive by adopting data science. We develop custom and packaged applications powered by data science algorithms that are made available on TenPoint7 Cloud. These applications help businesses across many key functional areas such as improving revenue-forecasting accuracy, predicting employee and customer churn and understanding what marketing content resonates with customers online.
We offer very competitive salaries and a terrific benefits package for all our team members. You will get to work in the hyper energy and cool co-working space at DreamPlex, our HCMC office. Professional development of our team is key and we will provide reimbursements for approved training and certifications including travel to the US. Generous paid time off and holidays are also provided. Come join us!