TenPoint7 is looking to hire an experienced Data Scientist in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. As a Data Scientist, you will have the awesome opportunity to influence the growth and strategy of a US based Analytics-as-a-Service growth company, team with global customers and help them solve their toughest challenges using data science. Come to work everyday in the hyper energy working space of DreamPlex and create cool data products. Compensation and benefits are competitive with occasional travel to the US for team meet-ups and training.
What You Will Do
- Team with TenPoint7’s US and Vietnam data science teams to build analytic solutions/models that solve a variety of use cases for our customers.
- Be responsible for the design, development & delivery of various Machine Learning models on TenPoint7 Cloud, our data science platform, for customers based on industrial-sized data sets that typically will include model building; data acquisition, cleanup and filtering; identification of patterns & feature extraction; variable selection; experimentation with algorithms and performance analysis.
- Work very closely with our Data Engineering and Full Stack Development teams in HCMC to deploy your ML models on our AWS cloud data pipeline.
- Assist in project management activities such as scoping new app development, estimating work effort, identifying & communicating milestones and results, resolving project issues/risks, and transitioning your model to TenPoint7 data engineering team for deployment in TenPoint7 Cloud. Through all of these activities, you will collaborate closely across multi-functional customer and TenPoint7 teams.
- Play a vital role in developing TenPoint7’s portfolio of cloud apps by developing and implementing re-usable analytical/statistical methodologies, processes and solutions that generate deeper and quicker analytical insights that can be then deployed in TenPoint7 Cloud.
Who You Are
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Econometrics or other related quantitative fields from a good university. Bachelor’s degree with relevant and sufficient work experience is also acceptable.
- 2-3 years industry experience (preferably in US or Europe) with a demonstrable track record of leveraging Data Science techniques on high-volume & high dimensionality of data that made a solid business impact.
- Solid knowledge in supervised learning methods such as linear and logistic regression, GLMs, GBMs, decision trees, random forests, SVM, and neural networks, and unsupervised learning methods such as K-means, hierarchical clustering, and principal components
- Solid expertise and working experience in R and Python and associated ML packages.
- Working experience in Hadoop or Spark distributed ecosystem and ability to interact with structured and semi-structured datasets using tools such as Pig or Hive.
- Strong knowledge and skills in SQL as well as working familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Some experience or familiarity with AWS storage and compute ecosystem components (EC2, S3).
- Business proficiency in English language skills is a must.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
TenPoint7 is an Analytics-as-a-Service company based in Seattle, WA and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Our goal is to help businesses become more competitive by using data science. We develop high value cloud-based analytics apps powered by data science algorithms on our TenPoint7 Cloud platform. These apps help businesses across many key functional areas such as improving revenue-forecasting accuracy, predicting employee churn and understanding what marketing content resonates with customers.
We offer very competitive salaries and a terrific benefits package for all our team members. You will get to work in the hyper energy and cool co-working space at DreamPlex, our HCMC office. Professional development of our team is key and we will provide reimbursements for approved training and certifications including travel to the US. Generous paid time off and holidays are also provided. Come join us!